"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
Matthew 6:21

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Neighborhood Wildfire!

Picture this: It's Friday afternoon. The kids and I are playing in the backyard. I smell smoke and say "wow, the winds are blowing the smoke smell down from the wildfires up north." Then we look to the west and see this plume of white smoke going up. That's close! The kids run in the house and I take some pictures. I go next door to make sure Ruth knows and that if we need to leave the neighborhood that we want her to jump in our car. While I'm in her house, we begin to hear the fire engine sirens. I get back to the kids and within a few minutes we hear that the firemen are there and it's under control.
The location of the fire was on the left hand side of Cave Creek Dam Road, which is the entrance road to our neighborhood. When we are entering and/or leaving the neighborhood it is directly across the street from Robin Road. When Matt got home, we went down to see the damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment